World Cardmaking Day is this Saturday, October 5, and to celebrate Stampin’ Up! is holding a contest you won’t want to miss. After all, what’s not to love about a holiday dedicated to card makers worldwide?!
There are two ways to enter:
- E-mail a photo of a card, or of you making a card, made with Stampin’ Up! product on World Cardmaking Day to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post a photo of a card, or of you making a card, made with Stampin’ Up! product on World Cardmaking Day on Instagram. Mention us by typing @stampinup and use the hashtag #wcmd2013 in the description.
This contest is open to everyone-demonstrators, customers, friends, spouses, children . . . you get the idea. However, there are a few conditions:
- You must be over the age of 18 to win a prize.
- You can enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must feature a different card.
- Contest will last all day on October 5, from 12:01 AM to 12:00 PM.
- We will randomly select 100 winners from our North American markets to receive a Paper Pumpkin Kit ($20.95 CA)
A selection of pictures will be posted to Stampin’ Up!’s World Cardmaking Day Pinterest Board and the winners announced in a later current update.
Earlier today Stampin’ Up! released My Library for My Digital Studio, a great new iPad app that helps you easily manage downloaded image libraries for your My Digital Studio program.
With the app you can:
- Add items you already own to your collection.
- Add items you want to your wish list.
- Sort your lists alphabetically or by release date.
- Search for any downloads.
- Browse new downloads released every week.
- Link to the Stampin’ Up! Online Store to shop.
Download it now for FREE in iTunes or the App Store and you’ll be the most awesome librarian around. Happy cataloging.
A few other things to note:
- The app will not link to your software; therefore, manually add items you already own to your collection. Think of it as a sentimental journey-you can reminisce while you categorize.
- For the best viewing experience, recommend using the app on an iPad or iPad Mini. It’s not quite ready for iPhones yet.
- While the app is only available for iPad devices right now, iPhone and Android devices are not forgotten. Look for future releases.
Chances are you’ve seen one of these cards before, the Card Thinlits Dies make making this kind of a card very easy to do. PLUS there are other dies included that can be used on many other projects, which makes this set so versatile for many different occasions and ideas!
AND I just received both of the Thinlit Card Dies, so stay tuned for photos!!
||Label Card Thinlits Die
||Circle Card Thinlits Die
I’ll be the first one to admit I’m a slow learner when it comes to crafts, I don’t know why but I think my creative side has been stifled for so long I don’t know how to just let it go.
This past weekend I had the pleasure to attend a wonderful scrapbooking retreat at the Birch Bay Ranch just outside of Edmonton on the shores of Cooking Lake put on organized by some local ladies I had never met before. And had a fantastic time!
Here’s one of the residents who always came to the fence whenever we walked by looking for food!
I’ve never been on a scrapbooking / card making retreat so I wasn’t quite prepared for what was expected which was to bring 75% or more of my entire craft supplies with me to make as many cards or scrapbook designs as I could over the entire weekend. So I cam with my measly little selection of two or three projects while some of my fellow retreaters were busy making 20 to 30 cards and even more scrapbook pages.
But I learned a lot, shared everything, offered suggestions, greatly admired everyone’s work, accepted any admiration on my stuff, watched movies, ate fantastic food, and had a great time. Well, except for the lousy cold/sinus thing that I came with, unintentionally shared, and left worse with. So here’s my card stolen almost identically from Pinterest:
It’s a pretty simple design using three circle punches, a couple of dry embossing plates and of course the stamp set. I had two people copy it from me and everyone put their own spin on the design. It’s so easy to make, has some nice colour combos and was fun to do!
Till next time, stamp on!
Wow, time is really flying! The holiday season is almost upon us and we’re all getting busy, which is why I’ve been a bit tardy in getting this blog post up for my upcoming Edmonton and area workshop and open house.
Basically it’s going to be a great little get together of new friends and people who share a love for papercrafting and stamping. And yes, by signing up to attend you’ll take part in some new papercraft technique demonstrations, product previews and, of course, be eligible for Door Prizes!
So here’s the details!
- Ideas for Scrapbooking Old Photos
- Getting Ready for Christmas
- Mini Workshop and Demonstration
- Some of Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive line of stamp sets and accessories for handmade cards, scrapbooking, and paper craft projects
- my assortment of stamps, stamping techniques, and designs that I have been using to discover and express my creativity.
- displays – greeting cards, projects and other ideas that are easy to duplicate for the upcoming holiday season – I can show you how!
Meet awesome Edmonton area Stampin’ Up! fans and perhaps a few other demonstrators.
Make & Take Project!
Learn how to Christmas Tag in the new “in-colors”, then take it home with you as inspiration for expanding or customizing the project!
DOOR PRIZES(receive entries for):
- Bringing a Friend
- Signing up for a Card Club
- Booking a Workshop
- Placing an Order (2 entries)
- Joining My Team (3 entries)
RSVPs are required so that I can prepare materials for the make and take projects! Please contact me above for more information if you are interested or just sign up by clicking on the RSVP below!. Please extend this invitation to any of your friends near Edmonton I would really appreciate it. Location and other details provided upon receipt of your RSVP.
now to attend my workshop!
I’m looking forward to seeing YOU there!